Friday, May 25, 2007

Break?

Yesterday I resumed my training for the marathon after a break of about a month because of the move and travelling. It was a good 47 min run, I felt good during the run, with a good pace etc. Today, I am feeling the after effects - my whole body is aching!

Clearing the negative ego is very much the same way. While we may be tempted to take a break from developing/refining our consciousness once in a while, the negative ego doesn't take a break from acting up! If we take a break from spiritual vigilance and allow the negative ego to take a stronghold over our consciousness, we may find ourselves struggling to get back into doing our 'homework'. Daily work is so important, together with vigilance over how our consciousness is operating from moment to moment. Human beings can function day to day just by using their subconscious mind from grocery shopping, to eating, and even working, without ever being conscious or awake, but what is the meaning of life if we do just that?

I am an advocate for daily work on developing and refining one's consciousness. To me, this is the best investment one can give self. I am glad for this gift from God!

Today with my body aching, I am thinking - no regrets for taking a break from training. I am not going to allow the negative ego to beat me up. I know I will come back stronger and better. With the power of God, spirit, the masters, the power of my subconscious mind, physical body and personal power, I am stronger and better daily! This is the mantra that kept me going :-)

No comments: