Monday, September 24, 2007

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein

Last week i was down with the stomach flu, and consequently was too tired and weak to do any work. On that same day, these words from my "Words of Inspiration" mailer which I have auto programmed weeks beforehand appeared in my inbox: "In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein" What great timing I thought!

Though I spent a lot of time inspecting the sewage system, I also had lots of opportunities for bed rest. And sleep I did, something I don't do a lot of.

I am now almost at 100% and feel really grateful for the unplanned longer than usual weekend break. Opportunities abound!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shamala - that's a cool story. My least favorite illness of all would have to be the stomach flu because it's so disorienting. However after each illness I'm always grateful for what I gained by going through the experience. My good friend had a serious illness that nearly took his life but he was grateful beyond words afterwards, and had a whole new perspective on life.

-Gale