Thursday, January 17, 2008

The negative ego is a disease...

I recently had a very interesting encounter with a friend. On the conscious level, I know she enjoys our friendship, but on the subconscious level, there is always a need to compete and compare with me. On this occasion, she attempted to 'humiliate' me in public, putting me down in front of others. I immediately responded kindly to her and the matter diminished in seconds.

I began to see her with even greater compassion because of her discomfort in her own skin; that she needed to feel good about herself by putting others down. And I learned many lessons from this experience.

The negative ego with its negative programmings, behavior patterns, thoughtforms, feelings etc is really a crippling dis-ease. This dis-ease doesn't allow one to love self or others, it dis-empowers people, it makes a person go into moodswings, it makes a person suffer from superiority/inferiority complex, it makes people do foolish things, it creates confusion, it creates conflicts in relationships, the list of psychological dis-eases is really endless.

For the world to change and for peace to manifest, the human race must learn to get rid of this crippling dis-ease. There is no quick cure, but there is a way in which we can heal ourselves and that is through right thinking and not allowing our subconscious minds to be the pilot of our consciousness.

Anyway, my friend and I will always remain friends but I will be more mindful of her dis-ease.

No comments: