Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Time will tell

Someone mentioned to me today that time flies and I started to ponder upon why on certain days time seemed shorter while other days seemed longer.

On days that seemed longer (in a positive way!), I found that I was feeling more energized and not weighed down by the many things I have to complete. Making lists helps me to become more organized. Finishing what I need to do today instead of pushing it till tomorrow (even though the deadline is not till next week) does free up my energies - i feel lighter not only on an energetic level/psychic level but certainly on the physical level too. Even as my things to do list gets longer with more responsibilities, I feel lighter and free-er and I am able to appreciate my time and how I spend it. I wonder if this is what the Masters refer to as "learning to manipulate time". For how we use time is dependent on our perspective of it and our attitude towards it and really has little to do with time itself.

I look forward to many more long days and quality time ahead.

No comments: