Monday, July 23, 2007

As part of my training for the marathon, I did an extra long run by the beach on Saturday with a group of ladies. It is the same location where the military boys and men train too. I noticed that the negative ego is just so competitive even in training. The boys and men will not allow a lady to run side by side at the same pace, they will always try to edge forward just to stay ahead. We see this happening in life all the time, don't we? At the work place, in school, with family and even in spiritual circles. The negative ego flip flops us from superiority to inferiority complexes causing us undue stress and giving our power completely away so that we are ahead of other people simply out of vanity and the desire to win.
I remember one of Joshua's chapters where he talked about how the spiritual path is like a marathon run and I totally agree. One must maintain consistency in one's pace and not burn out too quickly, one is also not competing with others, but with self! To make improvements every step of the way and asking for help is part and parcel of the whole process.
In my last 2km, I was feeling the effects of the run and I asked for 1st ray infusion for my mind, muscles and might! I was immediately uplifted and managed to complete the run in good time. God, spirit and the masters never fail :-)
Once again the mantra, "God, spirit, the masters, my physical body and the power of subconscious mind is an unbeatable team!" has done it again :-)

No comments: